Sunday, February 6, 2011

Braxton, chill out.

A few things have been going on here. We got the crib, as you can see on the right, and I went to the doctor again, twice. One was unexpected and kind of scary at first, but everything was completely fine.

My original doctor's appointment was scheduled for Wednesday. Before that day could come, however, I was trying to be good on Sunday, and lifted my small 5 pound weights in the morning, then went for a walk with Justin in the afternoon. During the walk it was 70 degrees out. Amazing. We just wanted to keep walking. I was having some Braxton Hicks contractions, which I had been having for the last few weeks here and there, so I knew they were normal. On this walk they were not being normal though. We finally got home, and I laid down and drank a lot of water, you know everything it says to do when you Google it, and they slowed down. A few hours later they came back. They came like 4 times an hour for about 3 hours. They finally slowed, and after a few reassuring phone calls (to my mom and cousin Veronica), I was able to sleep.

I called the doctor in the morning (Monday) to see if I should be concerned, or if I should just go in on Wednesday, my original scheduled appointment. They called back and said to come in the afternoon. That was when I started to get concerned. I know I may be a bit crazy, but when the doctor agrees you should come in, that's when you really start to get nervous. So the rest of the morning, while trying to teach, trying to stay calm, and trying figure out what to do with or where to send my last two classes of students of the day, I somehow made it to my appointment by 1pm. They did all the tests and everything was completely fine. It was concerning why I would have so many Braxton Hicks contractions so early on. My doctor told me to try to slow them by taking half of a Unisom (sleeping pill) with Tylenol in morning and mid-day, then the whole pill at night. No problem. I can take sleeping pills and teach. Who can't? Awesome.

The good thing was, after all the tests, the doctor let me have a few looks at our baby. I got to see her again! Not her face, because she was facing my back, still breech, butt down, with her feet up by her head. Yes, my child is already a bit strange, but most of you expected this:) The best picture we got was her leg. It's on the right of the screen. 24 weeks 2 days. It's crazy how much she has changed in 4 weeks since the last ultrasound. She's so much bigger.

The second appointment was my glucose testing, and it was super fast. The orange sugar juice wasn't too bad. Everyone said it was so horrible that I was ready for the worst, so it over prepared me. I passed my test. I think I Aced it, because they told me I could even go and get ice cream that night. This always sounds good to me, except when you have me step on the scale and the numbers are higher than I've ever seen in my life. That'll make me not want the ice cream. (Okay, so I had a shake the day before, probably one reason why the scale was so high.)

Other than that the room is getting organized. Justin picked out the first book for her from him, as seen on the side here. He thought it was the best thing ever. It was cute. We had to get it. It's too fun when Justin gets so excited about something. We also have been working on the name still. It has been slightly adjusted since the last post, so I am glad that we didn't share it yet. You'll know when we do share it! No promises on when!

Now I'm trying to relax. We walked again today, and the Braxton Hicks came back, so I'm thinking walking is probably out. This is sad because it's like my favorite thing to do for exercise with Justin. Oh well, just over three more months!

I feel baby girl kicking all the time, and punching and just going crazy.
Here is what's going on right now: I'm 25 weeks 1 day. Week 26.
About 15 weeks to go!  
How your baby's growing:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

To see previous belly pictures scroll all the way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment