Monday, March 7, 2011

Time is flying!

I'm really not sure where the last two weeks or weekends have gone. I'll try to recap them quickly.

Two weekends ago, right as the students left my classroom my cell phone rang. I had it on waiting for the doctor to call back, otherwise it would have been on silent. It was the alarm company. It was real confusing. The guy kept coming in and out and asking if I knew this lady, he said my mom's name, so I said yes. Then he said someone had opened the back door of our house and the garage. He asked if I wanted the police called. I said yes, because no one should be home yet. (The whole time all I could think about was if someone broke in they better have not let out our cat Puma or they would die. Just sayin.) He was like, wait I thought you knew this lady. Yes, I said, that's my mom, wait.. I finally put it together.. she's there? Yes, he replied. I then told him not to call the police, but I was still pretty suspicious, since it's 16 hours of driving for my mom to get to my house. I hung up and called my mom's cell phone right away. Sure enough, her and my dad were there, and they had kindly let themselves in, forgetting or not really caring about, our alarm system. It definitely is a good story though! What a great surprise! :)

We had a wonderful weekend, full of shopping, my dad putting up a new ceiling fan, eating, my mom cleaning for us, eating, and just being us.

Mom and I getting ready to shop.

Mom and I trying on clothes in the dressing room. We like to match.

Sunday, dad, mom, and I, in our new clothes from the successful shopping day before. (Not dad, he napped while Justin did school work. There was no shopping for the boys.)

Finally, a picture of the three of us. Turns out we haven't had one all together since Christmas.

It was a great weekend. I hate that it ended. I almost cried, but I kept thinking, "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened." I used that quote in my speech at high school graduation, so I'm going to start listening to it since it's been 10 years.

This past weekend went by really fast. I felt really tired Friday, and I was asleep by 10pm. I was still tired Saturday and not that hungry (this is weird for me, pregnant or not), that's when I realized it. I was getting sick. I don't do the sick thing much, so when I do it's confusing for me. By Sunday I realized I was definitely sick, and it was not just allergies. I thought about calling in today, but it would have been more annoying to get everything ready for a substitute to come in. That, along with me saving all my sick time for when baby girl gets here made me go in. After I finally got going it wasn't too bad.  I just had a sore throat. I'm going to bed right after I am done typing this, so I'll be fine tomorrow.

Besides that I had a check up last Wednesday. I finally do not have a UTI! It's pretty exciting! I will still drink the cranberry juice twice a day to prevent another, but I feel much better knowing that it's gone. This doctor (I have 4 that I rotate around in the office) also said that if exercise causes the Braxton Hicks then I shouldn't do it or should slow way down. This makes me sad.  I have already slowed way down. I wanted to stay more active, but basically if I do any legs lifts or walk pretty much at all, I can get a contraction, or a bunch. Oh well, a few more weeks here and I'll be in the clear. Then I'll have to exercise a bunch! I mean I can't afford more clothes. This is what will be my motivation after the baby is born.

Here is my train of thoughts... 3 weeks after this week is over is spring break, then a week off to get everything finalized, then 3 weeks after that it will be May, and in May baby can come any time:) So really I have about 8 weeks until baby could be here! Crazy!

Today I'm 29 weeks 2 days.. so week 30. That's right almost 3/4 done...75%, whichever you prefer.

Week 30
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Here is what I look like this week:

I feel baby girl moving all the time these days.

The name is still being worked on, so no updates on that.

Oh, one last note. Here is what I look like when we finally find a place in SC with shamrock shakes. VERY HAPPY ABOUT THIS FIND:)

Good day!

1 comment:

  1. OMG you're so cute! I especially love how you incorporated math into your blog at the end! I hope you still remain healthy (I'm sure the shamrock shake helps)!

    Love you!